Top 5 with Jon Bentley
We have revamped our Top 5 series. Previously called Top 5 on your iPod, we have removed the device name due to the reduction in relevance. From this point in, we will be asking public faces to simply tell us their Top 5 tracks of the moment.
The first in this series is TV presenter Jon Bentley. Best known as a presenter on The Gadget Show Jon could have told us about removing the iPod from the feature. Previous to The Gadget Show, Jon was involved in Top Gear and Fifth Gear. Jon told Music Eyz that he tends to listen to music on the radio, as he enjoys the unexpected discovery the medium presents.
However, Jon Bentley has given us the five tracks he really loves at the moment
1. Thelonious Monk – Raise Four (from Underground) – addictive dissonance that starts simple then develops in its complexity
2. Nina Simone – I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to be Free – ecstatically passionate and emotional
3. Mozart Piano Sonata in C K545 1st Movt. Allegro played by Mitsuko Uchida. I love Mitsuko‘s energetically delicate interpretations of Mozart.
4. Jake Thackray – Leopold Alcocks. I find his lyrics deeply funny even when you listen to the tracks again and again.
5. Muse – Uprising Great keyboard-pounding music to work to…or drive to.